The Adam A5X Studio Monitor features Adam's proprietary X-ART tweeter paired with a 5.5'' mid-range woofer, an A/B amplifier and a powerful PWM amplifier. Perfectly designed for home and small studio environments; the A5X monitors deliver a maximum SPL of 110dB per pair and comes equipped with a tweeter gain function, dual front-firing bass ports as well as high shelf/low shelf EQ and flexible input connectors. Boasting crystal-clear and crisp sound reproduction with deep bass responses, the qualities of the A5X provide you with a clear picture of the smallest changes in your mix and the sonic results.
Reference-Grade Audio Quality
The Adam A5X Active Studio Monitor features a custom X-Art Tweeter and X-Art Driver, working together for optimal audio quality. The X-Art (eXtended Accelerating Ribbon Technology) tweeter, builds on the Air Motion Transformer concept, utilising superior geometries and high-quality material to achieve stellar audio fidelity. The X-Art Tweeter features a pleated diaphragm, providing a more natural pulsing, with the air drawn in and squeezed out like an accordion for increased fidelity. The custom driver is designed for optimised audio performance thanks to the very flat impedance and lack of traditional voice coil. The highly efficient midrange band uses the sample principle as the X-Art tweeter, utilising a diaphragm that only weighs a fraction of the voice coil units, covering a wide range (400Hz to 20kHz) making the A5X Studio Monitors ideal for mixing and mastering applications.
The AX series monitor cabinets feature chamfered upper corners on the front, helping to minimise edge diffraction so that phase cancellation is not an issue. The interior of the cabinet is equipped with a special fleece that prevents the internal resonances being disturbed as well as ensuring superior bass reflex tuning. The front panel houses the power switch, volume control and front-firing bass reflex ports, providing greater ease of use and allowing the monitor to be placed closer to a wall if needed.
The woofers on all AX series monitors are built using a construction of woven carbon and glass fiber with the synthetic material Rohacell. When these three materials are combined together, the result is an ultra-lightweight yet extremely rigid material that provides excellent transient responses.
A/B and PWM Amplifiers
All models in the AX series feature two discrete amplifiers - an A/B that drives the X-ART tweeter and functions quickly within its broad frequency range, whilst the mid-range woofer is driven by a powerful and highly efficient pulse-width modulated (PWM) amplifier. By pairing these two together, Adam delivers monitors that do not require additional heat sinks and are both more reliable and durable than traditional amplifiers.
The Stereolink is a useful feature when working on desktop DAWs. The two additional input and output jacks for the second stereo channel allow you to control the volume for both monitors using the control of only one monitor. Unlike the typical master-slave configuration, each A5X is fully equipped and can function either as a master or a slave unit.
- Custom X-Art Tweeter & X-Art Driver
- Wide frequency range for exceptional audio fidelity
- Ideal for mixing & mastering applications
- Optimise audio performance, flat impedance
- Chamfered upper corners minimise edge diffraction
- Stereolink allows you to control volume for both monitors
- A/B and PWM amplifier, two discrete amplifiers
- High-quality construction for optimise performance
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 50kHz
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: >110dB (Per Pair)
- Crossover Frequency: 2500Hz
- Mid-Woofer Size: 5.5'' / 145mm
- Mid-Woofer Voice Coil: 1.5'' / 32mm
- Mid-Woofer Cone Material: Carbon/Rohacell/Glass Fiber
- Tweeter Type: X-ART
- Tweeter Diaphragm Area: 4'' ² / 2420mm ²
- Mid-Woofer Amplifier: PWM
- Power RMS / Music: 50W / 75W
- Tweeter Amplifier: Class A/B
- Power RMS / Music: 50W / 75W
- High Shelf EQ > 5 kHz: ±6 dB
- Low Shelf EQ ±6 dB
- Tweeter Gain: ±4 dB
- Input Connectors: XLR / RCA
- Input Impedance: 30 KOhm
- Magnetically Shielded: No
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 11'' x 6.5'' x 8.5'' / 280mm x 170mm x 220mm