We Are Moving And Hiring And Generally Expanding
Hello. It's quite nice that the very first post on our new Signal Sounds blog can be something positive after the difficulties of the last 18 months.
We have outgrown our home at Parnie Street, if truth be told we outgrew it in the first year. It's taken a while to find the right place for us to go to so that we didn't need to move again in 18 months time (if you've ever had to move your studio then you'll know just how little fun that process is) but we're almost there now.
How much have we outgrown it? By this much:
The bit behind the big box that says "Rode" is our "Demo Area" for modular systems with over 200 modules sitting sad and forlone in cases nobody can access and the bit down the left with all the classic analogue synths and drum machines is...completely unreachable. I haven't even seen my desk for about 8 months, it's in there somewhere i believe.
So....in the next few weeks we'll be wrapping up out patch cables, bubble wrapping our drum machines, casing up our cases and making the short move of about 500m to a fantastic new space on Howard Street. Distance wise it's not a big move but...its a BIG move for us. More info to follow.
As part of that expansion into bigger premesis, we also need to expand our staff and we're looking to hire someone - here's the details:
Signal Sounds is a retailer of specialist electronic music production equipment with a strong focus on Eurorack Modular Synths. We have a retail shop, a busy mail order side and a Business to Business Distribution arm all operating from one location in Glasgow.
We are looking to fill a full-time position in our new Glasgow store with a knowledgeable and exceptional individual.
Ideal candidates should be enthusiastic, approachable and comfortable explaining a wide range of music production and recording technology to our customers, and be part of a team who create an environment which helps everyone enjoy and understand the instruments we sell .
Applicants should be self-motivated, flexible, creative and hard-working.
The position supports the physical and online retail side of Signal Sounds equally
- Establishing & maintaining long term customer relationships
- Helping each customer find the right equipment & information
- Keeping the demonstration facilities organized, clean & well stocked
- Assisting with online orders and support
- Phone sales & support
- Researching new products and supporting purchasing decisions.
- Planning and implementing occasional store events
- Helping to manage the online marketing of the shop though our various social media outlets.
- Receiving deliveries & storing product
- A minimum of 3+ years retail sales experience
- A minimum of 3+ years experience with modular and semi-modular synthesis
- A deep passion for hardware synthesizers & music electronics hardware and the electronic music community.
- Proficient with DAW software & Plugins
- Proficiency in Mac OS & computer technologies
- Exceptional communication skills
- Must be able to occasionally lift & shelve boxes up to 20Kg.
If that sounds like you then email your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'll post again with some post-Superbooth 2021 information and tell you what Aleks and I saw and got up to there very soon.