The Grand Terminal is a digital multipurpose module for ambitious sound designers. It contains two function generators, which can be used as envelopes, LFOs or VCOs, two filter channels with eight modes of operation, mixing and routing options as well as a multi effects unit. Considering this feature set, it is safe to say that the Grand Terminal is more than the sum of its parts. It is a complete synthesizer voice, which can also be used as a dual mono or stereo filter plus reverb, delay respectively chorus processor and modulators. Despite its high complexity, handling the unit is easy as pie. The sound is crystal clear and, thanks to all the filter types and effect algorithms, very versatile. Simply put it in your modular and take off!
- 26 HP width, up to 1” in depth
- two voltage controlled gates with 8 resonant filter modes (ladder, diode, lpg, state variable, comb) chained in dual, stereo or serial combination each with own volume and panning.
- cabin pressure processor with 8 selected cabin fever effects
- dual voltage controlled AD/AR/looping envelope generators with arbitrary voltage controlled slope shapes: from EXP to LIN to LOG without stretching the length of a certain slope
- 1 volt per octave control over envelopes in looping mode (to use the envelopes as band-limited oscillators)
- don’t forget the stereo – dedicated stereo and mono outputs to connect headphones, route into the Cockpit (our new mixer modules) or record into line-in of your sound blaster.
- easy firmware update via USB on PC/MAC compatible with any Gateway