The Genus Modu Low Impedance Bus Board (LIBB) is designed to be the lowest noise eurorack passive bus board. It is based on concepts used in high power computer server products, providing ultra low impedance – both resistance and inductance - for the ground and main power rails and effective capacitance, resulting in significantly lower noise coupling across modules while also reducing power supply noise.
LIBB brings modern engineering science to Eurorack power distribution, providing a new level of noise mitigation compared to previous passive bus board systems. Stop worrying about whether your next module addition creates a noise leakage problem, use LIBB with authentic and documented noise reducing technology. Forget about bus boards designed with engineering practices from the previous century, bring your Eurorack system to the modern age of 24 bit audio recording and video synthesis.
- Ground plane resistance, board only, worst case: less than 400 microohm (0.400 milliohm)
- +12V plane resistance, board only, worst case: less than 1.5 milliohm
- -12V plane resistance, board only, worst case: less than 1.5 milliohm
- +5V trace resistance, board only, worst case: less than 11 milliohm
- +12V plane capacitance: 771 uF, options for 551 and 331 uF
- -12V plane capacitance: 771 uF, options for 551 and 331 uF
- +5V plane capacitance: 275 uF
- CV trace isolation from Gate, board only: better than -100 dB
- CV trace isolation from +5V Power, board only: less than 100 microvolts of noise on CV from 100 mV of noise on adjacent +5V power
- PCB board dimensions, 1.9 inches by 11.2 inches (48.3 x 285.5 mm)
- Bus board dimensions including connectors, 2.54 inches by 11.65 inches (64.5 x 295.9 mm)
- Minimum Clearance for side mounted power cable connectors, 3.90 inches by 13.20 inches (99.1 x 335.3 mm)
- Maximum height, components, PCB, standoffs: 0.683 inches (17.3 mm)