A versatile preamp with impressive dynamic range and detail.
Compact and affordable, the ever-popular TubePre V2 professional tube preamplifier employs our popular XMAX Class A solid-state preamp, followed in the signal path by a 12AX7 vacuum-tube stage. A dual-servo (no capacitors) gain stage lets you boost the signal to smoking hot levels without significantly increasing noise. Discrete components and high-voltage operation offer dynamic range and detail not found in other single-channel tube preamps in its class. Built tough enough for serious gigging, the TubePre V2 is a great choice for guitars and microphones alike.
From gentle warmth to total fuzz with the twist of a knob.
XMAX microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound garnering them rave reviews from users and the media alike. The 12AX7 vacuum tube that follows the XMAX in the TubePre V2 was hand-selected and carefully tested for electrical conformity and freedom from microphonics. Twist the Drive saturation control to add the “color” that only a hand-selected 12AX7 can deliver — from gentle warmth to total fuzz.
A versatile tool that’s built to travel.
Housed in a rugged case that is built to travel, the TubePre V2 rear panel sports separate unbalanced, ¼” instrument and balanced, XLR mic inputs and unbalanced ¼” and balanced XLR line outputs. Use it as a straight-up tube preamp or a dynamite direct box (DI) for guitars and basses. We’ve provided all of the extras you need, including a highpass filter, phantom power, polarity reverse, and a backlit VU meter. Yet with all its features, it’s small enough to carry almost anywhere—or simply screw-mount it to a standard rack tray.
Great sound, live or in the studio.
Live or in the studio, the TubePre V2 is a great-sounding tool you’ll use on a variety of sources. Add just the right amount of tube distortion to guitars, basses, and mic signals. Go lightly for gentle warmth or go all-out for solid crunch—it’s up to you.
- Connector Type XLR, female, balanced
- EIN -131 dB, 20 kHz BW, max gain, Rs=40Ω, A-wtd -128 dB, 20 kHz BW, max gain, Rs=40Ω, unwtd
- Frequency Response 20 Hz – 20 kHz, -0.3 dB, +4 dBu, unity gain 5 Hz - 120 kHz, -3 dB, +4 dBu, unity gain
- THD+N 0.01%, -10 dBu, 1 kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, unwtd
- Dynamic Range 115 dB, 1 kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, A-wtd 107 dB, 1kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, unwtd
- Input Impedance 1.3 kΩ
- Phantom Power +48 VDC, 10 mA
- Connector Type ¼” TS, female, unbalanced
- Input Impedance 1 MΩ
- Connector Types XLR, male, balanced ¼” TS, female, unbalanced
- Maximum Output +20 dBu
- Output Impedance 51Ω
- Type 12AX7
- External Power Adapter +12 VDC, 1A, center-pin positive
- PSU Barrel Dimensions 5.5 mm O.D., 2.1 mm I.D., 9.5 mm length
- Dimensions 1/3U rack-mountable (screw-mount to standard rack tray, not included)
- Height 1.75” (44.45 mm)
- Depth 5.5” (139.7 mm)
- Width 5.5” (139.7 mm)
- Weight 5 lb. (2.27 kg)