Dynamics processing is not something typically considered in modular synthesis, especially subtractive patches. With many synthesists doing fully modular feedback patches, percussion and outboard processing with their modulars, compression now has a place in a eurorack.
The WMD Compressor is designed to serve all of your normal dynamics processing needs, but it pushes boundaries further. It can subtly calm resonance peaks, or it can add dynamic character to a bass patch. It can also completely crush and distort a patch into a pumping breathing monster.
The WMD Compressor is designed around the THAT 4301 core, a high end dynamics processor. It has been adapted for modular levels, but will work with +4 line level signals as well. It is designed to be transparent, using only ultra low noise opamps, but it also has variable input and output saturation to add some character and distortion.
- THAT 4301 Forward Compressor
- Ultra Low Noise Opamps
- DC Coupled Throughout
- Input and Output Variable Saturation
- +-12dB of Input Gain
- Manual/Auto Attack and Release
- Hard or Soft Knee
- RMS/Peak/Adaptive Level Detection
- Expander Mode
- Infinite Ratio for Limiting
- CV Control
- Wet/Dry for Parallel Compression
- Side Chain Input
- Envelope Output
- LEDs for Threshold & Compression
- Stereo Operation by Linking
- 12 HP wide.
- +52mA, -40mA Current Draw
- The Compressor is 12 HP.
- Current consumption is 52mA for the +12 rail; 40mA for the -12 rail.
- The depth from the back of the panel is roughly 25mm.
- The Compressor is under warranty for 12 months after purchase.