Bela Gliss Eurorack Touch Controller Module
Eurorack Capacative Touch Module with Recording
Gliss is an elegant and intuitive synthesizer module for touch control. This Eurorack module lets you draw waveforms directly into your system so you can add a human touch to your control signals. It also can act as a signal visualizer, slider, or expressive capacitive keyboard. Gliss is small (4 HP), and powerful, allowing you to control your signals through high-precision touch sensing. See how waves behave with descriptive and immediate visual output via LEDs mounted behind the touchplate.
Intuitive Modular Synth Touch Control
Modular synth systems are complex musical instruments, and parameter control is usually through buttons, knobs and sliders. These beloved interfaces are great for precise and accurate control but are not the most performative, and can feel one step removed from the actual control signals. Gliss introduces a kind of touch control which is intuitively and immediately connected to the output signals: you can literally draw the shape of your signals directly into your system.
Powered by the technology behind the Trill capacitive touch sensors from Bela, Gliss has high-resolution position and pressure sensing which is used in combination with a Cortex-M4F microcontroller to create complex behaviors like drawing in waveforms and looping them, with captivating visual feedback from the embedded LEDs. Gliss gives you control over the signals in your modular synthesizer in a way that’s inherently musical.
- Control your modules directly, with touch position and pressure sent out as control voltages
- Record in gestures, up to 1 minute
- Loop the recorded gestures to create LFOs with custom waveforms
- Trigger the recorded gesture for custom envelopes, use the button or an external trigger
- Play on a 5 button expressive keyboard
- Scale and offset all CV outputs to get the perfect range for your other modules
- Visualize and process CV and audio signals in your system
- Capacitive touch sensor with sub-millimeter accuracy (Cypress Capsense technology)
- STM32 Cortex-M4F microcontroller
- 24 addressable RGB LEDs mounted below the faceplate for visual feedback
Bicolor illuminated button input
- 1 mono jack input (-5 V to 10 V, over voltage protection)
- 2 mono jack outputs (-5 V to 10 V configurable)
- Works with Eurorack standard power supply (-12 V to 12 V)
- Comes with ribbon power cable
- USB micro socket for firmware updates, customization and hacking!
- Current needs: +12 V:150 mA, -12 V:20 mA
- Width: 4 HP
- Depth: 26mm with power cable