Motas Synth Motas 6 Desktop Analogue Synth w/ CV/Gate (Silver)
Fully-featured analogue monophonic synthesizer with powerful digital control and a super-flexible independent modulation architecture.
Motas-6 has tons of modulation. There is no 'modulation matrix' - instead EVERY rotary knob parameter has its own powerful EG and LFO as well as individual amount settings from several global modulation sources. That's a total of 37 EGs and 37 LFOs.
There are 3 VCOs, noise source, 3 VCFs, 500 patch memories, arpeggiator, pattern sequencer, CV/gate inputs, USB MIDI, free DAW plugin software … and lots more!
Motas-6 is a powerful and flexible analogue mono-synth with digital control. It has three voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs) including hard-sync options, analogue phase-modulation and a sub-oscillator. Each VCO has several waveforms that can be freely mixed and modulated and each VCO can be assigned to track notes in various ways for paraphonic playing.
Motas-6 has a super-flexible modulation architecture: each and every rotary knob parameter has independent modulation settings from key, velocity, 4 modulation sources (from MIDI and CV/gate inputs) as well as from its own EG (Envelope Generator) and LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) - a total of 33 independent EGs and LFOs! There are also 4 global EGs and 4 global LFOs with individual amount settings for each parameter
There is a 6-pole voltage-controlled low-pass filter (VCF) with adjustable resonance to self-oscillation (with selectable 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6-pole outputs), a 2-pole high-pass voltage-controlled filter and a second 4-pole resonant low-pass VCF (similar in design to that of a certain silver box from the '80s). The inputs and outputs of the filters can be connected together in various ways to give a huge range of filtering possibilities.
Audio monitoring options include real-time oscilloscope, spectrum analyser, volume level and MIDI input monitor displayed on the fast and bright OLED display.
- Sound generation: Fully analogue audio signal path: VCOs, VCFs, VCAs. Digital control: EGs, LFOs and modulation.
- Dimensions: 408 mm (w) x 218 mm (d) x 58 mm (h)
- Weight: Approx. 3kg
- Construction: Stainless steel and aluminium chassis. Top panel finish stainless steel (with anti-smudge coating) or white painted. Solid oak end-cheeks and rubber feet
- Analogue controls: 34 rotary potentiometers with rubberised knobs
- Digital controls: 37 buttons + rotary encoder
- Display: 128 x 64 pixel OLED graphic
- Indicators: 44 LEDs indicating active parameter, active LFOs and EG signal, active patch, record mode, page lock and value lock
- CV/gate: 4 CV/gate analogue inputs on 3.5mm mono sockets. Input impedance 22 kohm. Voltage range 0…12V max.
- Audio input: Mono input on 6.35 mm (¼") phone socket
- Audio outputs: Mono master and headphones on 6.35 mm (¼") phone sockets
- MIDI: MIDI in and MIDI out on 5-pin DIN sockets
- USB: USB MIDI on type-B connector, class-compliant device (no extra drivers needed)
- Power: 12V DC 1A on 2.1 mm socket, power on switch