THE NEXT BATCH OF NATURAL GATE ARE FINALLY READY! THEY ARE ASSEMBLED AND BOXED, WE ARE JUST WAITING ON PHIL COMPLETING SOME FORMS AND GETTING THE PACKAGE OVER TO US. ALL BEING WELL THEY SHOULD ARRIVE AT SIGNAL SOUNDS ON WEDNESDAY 18TH SEPT AND THEN WE'LL SHIP THEM RIGHT OUT.
EMAIL US IF YOU SEE THE PRE-ORDER AS BEING OUT OF STOCK, WE ARE RELEASING THEM IN SMALL BATCHES TO MAKE IT FAIRER ON EVERYONE.
Natural Gate is a dual channel, adjustable decay, zero bleed LPG (lowpass gate) done in our own special way.
Natural Gate has been designed to generate a signature response evocative of the acoustics of the natural world. Think of how the plucking of a string or the beating of a drum head produces organic sounds we are all intimately familiar with, sounds that resonate with us, they feel right.
To obtain these qualities, we started with a blank slate and developed an instrument with its own unique character. A character unhampered by the conventions of traditional circuits and devices.
Natural Gate's fully adjustable (and voltage-controllable) decay alters the level of damping of the object you hit - from very short highly damped events to vibrations that ring out for several seconds. The module's innovative circuitry ensures the perfect decay shape at any decay setting.
What you hit matters just as importantly; the MATERIAL switch provides a selection of three material characteristics further increasing the flexibility of the instrument.
The HIT input's circuitry was carefully designed to ensure that any signal you send in will correctly drive Natural Gate's envelopes. The CTRL input allows you to open the gate in any way you see fit and when combined with HIT, natural dynamics are realised.
Natural Gate was painstakingly designed and tuned by many pairs of seasoned ears. Natural Gate defines a new paradigm of how the LPG can be experienced and used, thus opening a portal for dialing in new discoveries.
Check the User Manual out here to unveil the mysteries of he Natural Gate...and possibly the universe too..
- Two independent LPG channels
- Zero bleed... Natural Gate fully closes
- Meticulously tuned attack and decay shapes provide extremely natural sounding responses across the full range of decay lengths
- HIT input applies the perfect trigger amplitude, shape, and duration to the internal gate circuitry... regardless of the source's amplitude, shape, or length
- Adjustable and voltage controllable DECAY times up to several seconds
- 3 selectable MATERIAL profiles
- Adjustable and voltage controllable openness
- CTRL and DECAY inputs feature attenuverting trimmers for scaling any incoming signal source properly
- Indicators display gate openness and CTRL zero
- 30mm sliders with 100k cycle life and smooth action
- 100% analogue for utmost fidelity and nuance
- Low loss, high speed active reverse voltage protection
- Overcurrent protection
- ESD protected IO
- Rabid Elephant low loss, long life, high rel power cable with keyed & latching connector