This is an upgrade for the Roland MKS-30 rack mount synth module. This upgrade will add full midi support, Arp and Sequencer and 1536 tones storage. The upgrade also adds a LCD display into the redundant cartridge slot.
The Kiwi-30 Upgrade features:-
- 1536 Tones in 3 Sets of 512 can be stored and all can be edited. It is also possible to edit any Tone using the front panel, PG-200 or midi.
- Tones are stored in Flash memory so no battery is required.
- MidiCC & Sysex support for parameters edits and Midi Sysex support for Tone Dump & Load. The Kiwi30 will support full midi control and editing in real time.
- The Midi Through Port on the MKS-30 is converted to Midi Out so midi dumps can be made
- Key Assign Modes are Poly Single, Poly Dual, Poly Triple, Unison & Solo
- Each Key Assign mode can have Staccato/Legato, Steal/No Steal with five steal modes (Highest, Lowest, Oldest, Newest, Quietest)
- Portamento in all modes
- DCO Key Assign Detune available in all key modes. In addition there is a 'Analog Feel' parameter that add an adjustable small random frequency to each note. Detune is best used with Poly Dual, Poly Triple or Unison keying modes for greatest effect
- Three independent envelope generators. These are traditional ADSR type. Each ENV Mod can select from ENV 1 - 3 and has an Inverted or Normal modes.
- Three independent Low Frequency Oscillators with 6 waveforms each. Each LFO Mod can select from LFO 1-3. LFOs can be plus and minus base note or plus base note only. There is a forth LFO that is dedicated to the Chorus Mod
- Internal Master Clock with the range 5-299 BPM and rate can be set using a tap timer.
- Full Matrix mod system that can channel any mod source to any mod destination.Guitar Mode with seperate Bend & Note control for midi channels 1-6.
- Polyphonic Aftertouch is supported.
- LCD display is included with the upgrade that fits into the redunant CART slot.
- Any chord with up to 6 notes can be set and played from any key
- The Arpeggiator is clocked from the Master Clock and can be independently divided to Half Note, Quarter Note, 1/8 Note, 1/8 Note Half Swing, 1/8 Note Full Swing, 1/8 Note Triplets, 1/16 Note, 1/16 Note Half Swing, 1/16 Note Full Swing, 1/16 Note Triplets, 1/32 Note, 1/32 Note Triplets, 1/64 Note.
- Arp modes are Up, Down, Up and Down, Random, As Played, 1, 2, 3 or 4 octaves
- Arp can be Started, Stopped & Continued using Midi Commands
- Appeggiator will Output Midi Data
- 8 separate 124 Max step Polyphonic sequences can be created and stored
- Sequences can be edited
- The Sequencer is clocked from the Master Clock and can be independently divided to Half Note, Quarter Note, 1/8 Note, 1/8 Note Half Swing, 1/8 Note Full Swing, 1/8 Note Triplets, 1/16 Note, 1/16 Note Half Swing, 1/16 Note Full Swing, 1/16 Note Triplets, 1/32 Note, 1/32 Note Triplets, 1/64 Note.
- Sequencer will Output Midi Data
- Sequencer has play options that include One shot, Keydown play, Auto Transpose, Auto Complete