Rode NT55 Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Externally biased condenser
- Cardioid or Omni polar pattern using included interchangable capsules
- Gold sputtered 1/2” capsule
- Three position PAD - 0dB, -10dB and -20dB
- Three position High-Pass Filter - flat, 75Hz and 150Hz
- Surface mount circuitry
- Low noise
- Available as Certified Matched Pair
- 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone
Like the NT5, the RØDE NT55 is a small-diaphragm, true-condenser cardioid microphone, sometimes referred to as a 'pencil mic'. The NT55 adds both a three position pad (0, -10dB, -20dB) and three stage high pass filter (Off, 75Hz, 150Hz), and includes the interchangeable NT45-O omnidirectional capsule.
Intended for recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals and live performances, the compact externally polarized mic employs a 1/2" capsule, an active J-FET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer.
Its tight cardioid pickup pattern also makes it ideal for use as an indoor dialogue microphone for filmmaking on a mic stand or boom.
Finished in durable satin nickel, the NT55 available as a single microphone or as an acoustically matched pair.
The NT55 is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE's industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Acoustic Principle Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule 0.50"
- Polar Pattern Cardioid
- Address Type End
- Frequency Range 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance 100Ω
- Maximum SPL 136dBSPL
- Maximum Output Level 8.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Sensitivity -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted) 15dBA
- Power Options +48V phantom power
- Weight 110.00g
- Dimensions 145.00mmH x 20.00mmW x 20.00mmD
- Output XLR Output
- Warranty 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration