Tubbutec MC-2oh2 Hardware Upgrade MC-202 (Hi-Res)
Upgrade kit for the Roland MC202
MC-2oh2 is an upgrade and feature extension for the Roland MC-202 synthesizer / composer.
It replaces the original CPU, keyboard PCB and display of an MC-202.
MC-2oh2 introduces a completely new control scheme for MC-202 synthesizers.
The sound however stays the same and many additional features are added.
Also compatible with the ‘DIN-SYNC RE-202’ project
- Optimized for live performance, turns your 202 into a ‘groove box’.
- Three completely independent synthesizer control channels:
The internal synth, the 2nd CV/gate output and a 3rd MIDI out or DRUM channel. Each channel has its own clock divider and MIDI input and output.
- Can be clocked via MIDI, DIN-sync or trigger using the TAPE-input
- Versatile sequencer with 32 patterns, chainable in song mode, edit patterns and songs while playing, shortcuts for quick live arrangement. Seven sequencer play directions.
- Sequence editor with copy, paste, insert and delete options, can modify note pitch, length and note-modifiers on the fly
- Arpeggiator with multiple octaves, seven direction modes including ‘order of key press’. Can inherit the ‘chemistry’ of existing sequences, optional euclidian mode and live shortcuts.
- Additional modulations: Accent, Filter and PW envelopes
- Additional noise sound with envelope.
- 8-bit LOFI drum sample output with various sound modifiers, sample packs can be uploaded via MIDI
- Save and recall up to 8 sets containing sequencer and modulation parameters. No batteries needed
- MIDI CC control of all additional parameters, filter cutoff, pulse width, clock dividers and more.
- Midi velocity can be linked to various sound parameters.
- Various CV-input modes including a ‘direct’ mode.
- Optional HiRes version of MC-2oh2 allows pitch bend control and microtonal tunings.
- High quality OLED display
- Firmware update via MIDI sysex
A detailed guide and list of all features can be found in the user guide.