Melbourne Instruments Nina Analogue Desktop Synth w/ Motorised Controls
Hybrid Poly Synth With Motorised Controls
NINA is a 12-voice Analog Polyphonic and Multi-timbral Synthesizer featuring revolutionary motorized controls and patch recall that finally enables real-time control surface display and automation that synth players have dreamt of for decades.
NINA combines the lush thick sound qualities and hands-on tactility of classic analog synths with the versatility, advanced functionality and MIDI compatibility usually only found on modern digital equipment. The result is an intelligent, yet unique sounding analog synth you can seamlessly integrate into your creative workflow and live performance to enjoy modern soft synth functionality from a real, physical instrument.
The introduction of motorized knobs overcomes the mismatch that conventional synthesizers present when changing patches. NINA’s knobs instantly update to pre-defined positions anytime you change patch, and adjust automatically during console operation, patch morphing and modulation to accurately display current settings.
- Motorized, recallable, automatable, assignable, and robust high resolution control panel.
- 2 Analog VCOs & 1 Wavetable Oscillator per voice.
- Fully analog signal path.
- 12-voice polyphony.
- Extensive modulation matrix. 16 sources to 27 destinations.
- A/B Patch morphing.
- Classic onboard effects including chorus and delay, as well as high quality algorithmic reverb with shimmer.
- Hackable Open Source software built on a powerful Raspberry Pi 4 running Elk Audio OS.
- Upgradable VST3 effects algorithms built on an Open Source architecture. 96kHz 24bit resolution
NINA’s motorized knobs feel exactly like conventional analog potentiometers, but with the ability to instantly switch between a rotary dial and a multiple position switch to better cater for what you’re controlling and the amount of variance required. NINA’s ‘tune’ controls use this feature to switch between ‘coarse’ step detuning, which works like a rotary switch, and fine detuning, which feels just like a standard potentiometer. NINA’s motors can also change the amount of resistance that you feel, creating a tighter feel, or change positions to add end stops, zero detents and notched effects.
NINA’s controllers are incredibly precise with more than 16,000 steps of stable accuracy across a single rotation. This level of control allows for super-accurate recall and precise tuning adjustments, giving you the ability to finesse the sound exactly as you desire.
- Weight: 5.5kg (12.1lb)
- Length x width x depth: 446mm x 230mm x 71mm.
- Solid metal construction.
- 19” rack mount ears available.