1U Macro Oscillator
RO'VED is Plum's new 1U MACRO OSCILLATOR based on the legendary "Plaits" by Mutable Instruments.
An Innovative Interface With 4 "CLICKKNOBS" - Plum's 3-in-1 Knobs:
RO'VED features an improved interface that delivers the best of the 1U format.
Along with custom firmware that makes the use of this interface natural and convenient.
8 synthesis models for pitched sounds (Green Models):
- Two detuned virtual analog oscillators with continuously variable waveforms.
- Variable slope triangle oscillator processed by a waveshaper and wavefolder.
- 2-operator FM with continuously variable feedback path.
- Two independently controllable formants modulated by a variable shape window (VOSIM, Pulsar, Grainlet, Casio CZ-style resonant filter...).
- 24-harmonic additive oscillator.
- Wavetable oscillator with four banks of 8x8 waves, with or without interpolation.
- Chord generator, with divide down string/organ emulation or wavetables.
- A collection of speech synthesis algorithms (formant filter, SAM, LPC), with phoneme control and formant shifting. Several banks of phonemes or segments of words are available.
8 synthesis models for noise and percussions (Red Models):
- Granular sawtooth or sine oscillator, with variable grain density, duration and frequency randomization.
- Clocked noise processed by a variable shape resonant filter.
- 8 layers of dust/particle noise processed by resonators or all-pass filters.
- Extended Karplus-Strong (aka Rings' red mode), excited by bursts of white noise or dust noise.
- Modal resonator (aka Rings' green mode), excited by a mallet or dust noise.
- Analog kick drum emulation (two flavors).
- Analog snare drum emulation (two flavors).
- Analog high-hat emulation (two flavors)
I/O and controls:
- 4 "CLICKKNOBS" that used as model selection buttons, main controls and attenuverters.
- 8 bicolor LEDs displaying the active model.
- Main frequency control, 8 octaves.
- Three dimensions of timbre control: harmonics, timbre, morph.
- Attenuverters for the timbre, morph, Harmonics and frequency modulation CV inputs.
- Timbre, morph and frequency modulation CV inputs are normalized to the internal EG.
- Model selection, harmonics, timbre, morph, FM CV inputs.
- Main V/O CV input, with a large input range (-3V to +7V).
- Trigger input, triggering an internal D envelope, or the exciter for the physical/drum models.
- Level CV input, controlling the internal digital low-pass gate, or acting as an accent control for the physical/drum models.
- CV inputs: 100k input impedance, 4kHz, 16-bit.
- Audio outputs: 48kHz, 16-bit, DC-coupled.
- Cortex-M4 ARM processor.
28HP, 25mm deep
Anodized Aluminium - Silver or Black
+12V: 55mA, -12v: 8mA, 5V: 0mA
Reverse polarity protection
CV inputs: 100k input impedance, 4kHz, 16-bit.
Audio outputs: 48kHz, 16-bit, DC-coupled.
Cortex-M4 ARM processor.