The Flexshaper is a highly versatile module when it comes to modify evolving voltages in other directions and levels.
Five settings allow you to fold/expand/clip/compress/invert partially or completely any CV or audio signal.
The module can act as an envelope-shaping tool, frequency multiplier, waveshaper, clipper, distortion, limiter, curve changer, and more.
Five CV inputs offer limitless control over the placement of the voltage points for dynamic signal sculpting.
Birth of the product
The idea of the Flexshaper comes from a feature in the Oberheim® Matrix synthesizers called Tracking Generator.
This signal processor was part of the modulation matrix and meant to be virtually inserted between modulation sources and destinations in order to change the shape of the controlling signal.
The Flexshaper applies the same concept using the same 5 shaping points. However, it goes beyond Oberheim’s implementation on two main aspects:
It goes fast enough to process signals at full audio rate
The 5 points are dynamically adjustable (CV) in real-time
Besides, the Flexshaper can process adequately bipolar and unipolar Eurorack signals, even changing them one another.
CV-controlled voltage mapper and waveshaper
- Process from DC to full audio range
- Unipolar/bipolar input mode switch
- Nominal & clip level LEDs
- Output signal LED
- Input gain setting for nominal level setting, allows clean flat clipping when overdriven
- Five manual voltage mapping potentiometers
- Five CV control of the voltage mapping points
- Simultaneously active unipolar and bipolar outputs
- Firmware update via a simple audio file
- Compact and skiff-friendly module