The Roland Jupiter-6 is a 1980s analogue polysynth with a great sounding multimode filter that is quite distinct from other Roland filters of the same era. Here it is recreated in a 14 HP Eurorack module with an added 2-pole 12 dB low pass mode, reminiscent of the Jupiter-8. Like most vintage Roland filters, it is based around a cascaded Operational Transconductance Amplifier (OTA), in this case using the LM13700 OTA in place of the obsolete IR3109 quad OTA.
Carefully compared to an original Jupiter-6, JOVE is a faithful interpretation of the Jupiter-6 multimode filter without using obsolete parts.
- 4 modes: 24 dB low pass, 12 dB low pass, band pass and high pass
- 2 audio inputs, one log attenuated and one non-attenuated
- 2 frequency CV inputs, one unipolar input and one attenuverted input
- 1 resonance CV input, non-attenuated
- Width 14 HP
- Depth 28 mm
- Power 15mA +12V, 10mA −12V