Selected by Music Radar as one of the best Eurorack/modular releases at Winter NAMM 2020, the Orobas tube VCA took Animal Factory back to its tube-amp-building origins. This version lives up to its spiritual predecessor in every way.
The signal routing possibilities and control offered by this module will open up a ton of usage possibilities - use it as a dual 4-channel tube mixer, or an end stage saturator, for mild saturation or for severe wave-folding. The characteristics of this tube make for one unique VCA. Add the CV-controllable feedback loop to the mix and you will very likely (we don't guarantee this though) open up dark portals of cosmic influence and summon goetic demons into your life.
- Two identical VCAs that can be connected in parallel, mono to dual mono or series.
- Full range amplification for thick bass
- Tubes operating at medium (yet safe!) voltages so that control voltages have a noticeable effect on tonal characteristics.
- CV control over screen and suppressor grids for all kinds of weird modulation
- CV controlled feedback loop
- In-built self-patching!
- Ships with 6J32Ps hand matched by us in-house on a uTracer 3+!
- Includes 12V power adapter for filaments.
This version of the Orobas ships with gnarly 6J32P (6Ж32П) tubes. These are equivalent to the EF86 Pentode, which are still in production and quite easily available. The tonal differences between this and the first version are wholly due to the tubes; the rest of the circuit is practically identical. This version has its own grimy flavour - to our ears, it sounds a little "faster" than the 6SJ7.
While this is not intended to be a limited edition module, we have to limit this run to 115 units due to the availability and importability of vacuum tubes to India. Due to the various global scenarios, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to secure tubes for future runs. We're going to do our best to keep this naughty little demon in production!